Sunday, January 10, 2010

If you drink we'll drive


If you are wondering what the title of this post means? It is the latest marketing drive of Easycabs.

People of Bangalore and Hyderabad are quite familiar with Easycab and Merucabs. This were the only two taxi service providers who were given the license to operate in the international airport of Hyderabad and Bangalore. At the time of opening of Bangalore international airport(BIAL) the number of cabs of both this companies were the same. But by 2009 the number of Meru cabs doubled and the number of easy cabs remained the same. What went wrong? I don't know exactly. From my experience I can say that Meru gave a better customer service. The first time I had to go to BIAL, I first called Easycab, the reason was the name was more english and the number was easier to type. I didn't had a good experience talking to the lady attending the call, there was constant noise and cacophony at the background and I had to shout to talk to her, being irritated I cut down the call and called Meru cabs and ever since I have been always using Meru cabs.

This christmas when I went to Bangalore I saw billboards with "If you drink we'll drive" ads all over the city. Easycabs also tied up with Radio One for on air promotion. As a student of marketing I liked this strategy by Easycab. They have repositioned the Easycab in a whole new light. It was very much necessary for easycab to survive with increasing competition from local taxi cabs also. Bangalore has a huge number of pubs and drunken driving incidents are quite rampant here. The cops laso make good money as bribes from this drunken drivers.So Easycabs will not run out of customers for sure.
This Christmas-New Year parties must have been a good source of revenue for them.

5 comments:

  1. Man...u dint tell the whole story...Where the easycabs dropped u after christmas bash...and with whom u were there..??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you, I too prefer Meru cab services to any other cab service in the city. Its been almost a year now that I have been using Meru Cabs, and I always recommend their services to all my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nivesh LOL
    @Chris yeah they are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. finally i started reading them somi :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He he thanks Rachna, better late than never :)

    ReplyDelete